In this recipe, you’ll learn:
- 20-Minute recipe that you can serve over rice or noodles
- Simple sweet and sour sauce that can be used in countless dishes
- Recipe from the famous Rosa’s Thai Cafe in London
Reprinted with permission from Rosa’s Thai Café: The Cookbook; photography by Dan Jones, Interlink Books, an imprint of Interlink Publishing Group, Inc.
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 ounces canned baby corn, sliced in half, lengthwise
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into cubes
- 14 ounces tofu, cut into pieces (soft or firm)
In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup, vinegar, wine, soy sauce and sugar.
Heat a wok or large saute pan over high heat. When hot, swirl in the cooking oil. Add in green and red bell pepper and the onion. Stir fry for 30 seconds, until vegetables are slightly softened. Then add in the green onion and garlic and stir fry for another 10 seconds.
Lower the heat to medium. Pour in the sauce mixture and bring to a simmer. Add in the baby corn, tomato, pineapple and tofu. Let simmer for 3 minutes.